13.3.06

Colocar a vida nas mãos do Estado

As a person currently fighting cancer, I have not chosen my disease well.

As the federal and provincial [canadian] governments continue to debate a catastrophic drug plan, and provinces continue to duplicate review processses and create further delays to drugs becoming available, people are dying. The reality is the Ontario government is making life-and-death decisions about patient care, leaving loved ones to ask "what if?" The current "plan" to deal with this issue, as far as I can tell, is to let people die while waiting.

(...) honest public debate needs to happen over this issue and from that debate have a plan developed. Personally, I would like to know who at Cancer Care Ontario or the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is going to decide the dollar value of my life. I need to be a part of that decision.
Carolyn Henry no Toronto Star (meus destaques), via Socialized Medicine.